Wednesday, December 1, 2021
8:00 am PST | 11:00 am EST | 4:00 pm GMT | 5:00 pm CET
Artificial intelligence (AI) is coming of age and is increasingly used and relied upon by many industries, governments, and society. The growth in the applications and use of AI has been matched recently by the development of AI regulations, laws, and early enforcement actions. These AI regulatory developments are occurring in the EU, UK, and the U.S. and in many other jurisdictions globally.
Join us for a virtual roundtable to discuss:
- The latest regulatory developments in AI in the EU, UK and the U.S.
- Where government AI policy is headed
- Key regulatory considerations for businesses to consider with AI
*Additional speakers may be confirmed*
- Sana Khareghani, Deputy Director and Head of Office for AI, UK Government’s Department of Culture, Media and Sports
This discussion will be moderated by Sidley partner Alan Charles Raul.
- Brendan Groves, Head of Regulatory and Policy Affairs, Skydio
- Michael Kratsios, Managing Director, Scale AI; former U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- Dr. Liz Kwo, Deputy Chief Clinical Officer, Anthem
- Tom Lue, General Counsel & Head of Governance, DeepMind
This discussion will be moderated by Sidley partners William RM Long and Sujit Raman.
The Sidley AI Forum looks to bring together industry participants and regulators to discuss the latest developments in AI regulation, what the current challenges are, and how to deal with regulatory, legal, and compliance issues raised by AI.